Last Updated October 2018
- when you visit this website.
- when you submit your information to us on this website.
- when you create or use a user profile.
- through email and other communications with you.
- through third parties that we work with to provide our services.
- by any other means over the course of your use of our services.
This policy does not apply to information collected by us through applications or content, including any other websites, not operated by Seek Wild.
How We Collect & Use Your Information
Information Collected Directly from You. In general, you can visit our website without disclosing any Personal Information (described in this paragraph). If you set up a user profile or register to receive information from us, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, or receive other services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information such as your name, date of birth, email address, shipping/billing address, telephone number, payment information, occupation, interests, and other Personal Information for these purposes. If you register as a Seek Wild outfitter, landowner, or other service provider (a “Outfitter”), we may collect additional Personal Information such as your business name and contact information, tax identification number, information pertaining to a license you hold, and your social media information. Any information you provide is voluntary, but please note that some information may be necessary for us to provide you with certain services, offers and content on our websites. We may also maintain a record of your services and/or purchases.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that your contact information is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable. We verify the information in your profile by sending a confirmation email to your email address when you create your profile. We also verify the accuracy of any licensing information submitted by an Outfitter by contacting the appropriate licensing entity. We are not responsible for false claims made by any user of the website.
We use your contact information to provide you with the services you request as well as for analytical and direct marketing purposes, such as:
- confirming, sending, and tracking your purchase, subscription, or profile;
- communicating with you about your purchases, services, or activities on the website;
- providing you with other information from and about Seek Wild;
- informing you of our new products, services, and offers from Seek Wild or a business, conservation group, agency or organization with which Seek Wild is associated;
- analyzing preferences, trends, and statistics; and
- providing you with other information from and about Seek Wild.
We will only contact you in ways compatible with your communications choices. However, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may need to contact you to address questions or issues specific to the services you have requested.
Children Under Age 16. Seek Wild products and services are designed for adults, not children. As such, this website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or on the website. If you are under age 16, do not: use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features; create a user profile; make any purchases through the website; use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website; nor provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at (971) 238-4287.
Information Collected from Your Use of this Website. We may collect information about you from your use of our website. For example, when you visit this website, we may collect and use IP addresses, server log information, cookies, device identifiers, IP addresses, browser information, and other persistent identifiers to distinguish unique visitors; track and analyze behavior and traffic on the site; determine sites linking to our website; and analyze information about our site visitors. This information may be combined with other information that you choose to submit to us. This information may also be merged into aggregate information about site visitors and traffic. We may use third-party analytics tools to distinguish and analyze user behavior.
Other Ways We Might Use Your Information. In addition to the specific uses and purposes described above, we might use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present our website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website or to notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- if we believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Seek Wild, or to others;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information;
- to protect our rights and property;
- to comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Who Has Access to Your Information
If a website user purchases a good or service through Seek Wild (each being a “Customer”), Seek Wild will share the Customer’s Personal Information with the Outfitter as necessary for the Outfitter to provide the purchased good or service. Likewise, Seek Wild will share Personal Information of the Outfitter with the Customer as necessary for the Customer to receive the purchased good or service.
From time to time, we may share, sell, rent, or transfer your Personal Information to conservation groups, related interest groups, fish and game agencies, or to businesses offering complimentary goods or services. We may also share contact information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Seek Wild. Seek Wild will honor your requests not to receive email when requested. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Seek Wild, our customers or others;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, and we may transfer the Personal Information that we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We employ appropriate and reasonable safeguards to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of information that we collect about you. We maintain industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for all content delivery and encrypt password data on our system. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of that information.
While we employ reasonable measures to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not defeat those measures or use nonpublic Personal Information for improper purposes. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website or for actions of third parties.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you, and you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
Links to Other Websites
Controlling Your Personal Information
Opting Out of Marketing. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You have the right to submit a complaint or object to our collection and use of your information at any time, or to require us to review, transmit, change, or delete your information that we have collected and retained. We will fulfill your request to exercise any of these rights within 30 days of receiving a complete request. You can exercise these rights, express concerns, or obtain additional information about the use of your Personal Information by contacting us by phone at (971) 238-4287 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions, or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions, or upcoming events.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all emails received from Seek Wild to be removed from future email updates. Please note that we may take up to five days to fulfill any requests to remove or update your contact information.
Your rights. You have the right to submit a complaint or to object to the collection and use of your information by Seek Wild at any time, or to require Seek Wild to review, transmit, change, or delete your information that we have collected and retained. Seek Wild will fulfill your request to exercise any of these rights within 30 days of receiving a complete request.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits users of our websites that are California residents to (a) request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or (b) opt-out of Seek Wild sharing their Personal Information with third parties. To make such a request, please send an email with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information,” or contact us at the contact information provided below.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Seek Wild does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Seek Wild may use other technology that is standard to the internet to track visitors to this website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
If you become aware of any unauthorized submission of information to Seek Wild, including children’s information, please inform us by contacting us at the contact information listed below so that we may delete it.
Terms & Conditions
Changes to this Policy